Shrinking Food Size

food price are goin up
Financial pressures are every where and food prices are starting to rise. Coffee is up 30-40 percent, flour is almost twice the price, even potatoes have increase 50 cents a bag.

So you can imagine how excited I was to find my favourite ice cream had not gone up. That was until I got home I realized why.

The serving was smaller. That container was the same in size, but the serving size was 15 percent smaller and price was the same.

My family thought I was seeing things, then I watched the latest episode from Market place and realised I was right. Some products are shrinking their size and still charging the same prices.

Check out the broadcast from CBC Marketplace below


So now you know you are paying more for less what can you do? Eat less?

Like most of us the reality is we are resigned to just pay more. Inflation is here even in Kelowna.
Enhanced by Zemanta

Financial Blog of Unknown | Life Insurance Debt Investing Mutual Funds |

Leave Your Response to "Shrinking Food Size"

Your comments are appreciated. Please Do Not include links in your comments but instead select the profile setting as "Name/Url". Have fun and thanks for your comments!